Leica Camera AG publicado sus resultados financieros para el 1er trimestre del año fiscal 2012/2013 año. Los números clave:
- Las ventas han bajado un 0,8% a € 71,7 millones (período correspondiente del año pasado: € 72,3 millones)
- Las ganancias antes de intereses e impuestos (EBIT) después del primer trimestre: € 15,3 millones (período correspondiente del año pasado: € 16,5 millones). El margen EBIT se redujo así en un 1,4% al 21,4%.
- Los activos totales ascendieron a € 205,3 millones (año correspondiente período anterior: € 163,4 millones).
- Consumo de productos pedidos ha superado las expectativas de la compañía.
- El número de empleados ha aumentado a 1.257 al 30 de junio de 2012 (1.152 al 30 de junio de 2011).
- Regionalmente Leica Camera AG fue capaz de incrementar sus ventas en más de un 5% en los EE.UU. y Asia, mientras que Europa tuvo un ligero descenso de las ventas.
Comunicado de prensa completo:
1st quarter of the 2012/2013 fiscal year
Leica Camera AG holds its ground in a difficult economic environment – successful new product launches
Against the background of compact camera sales figures on the world market dropping by more than 20 % Leica Camera AG was able to hold its ground in the first quarter of fiscal year 2012/2013. The first quarter of the current fiscal year closed with sales of € 71.7 million (corresponding period last year: € 72.3 million). This corresponds to a slight decrease of 0.8 % as compared to the same period of the previous year. The operating result (EBIT) after the first quarter amounts to € 15.3 million (corresponding period last year: € 16.5 million). The EBIT margin decreased thus by 1.4 % to 21.4 %.
As a result of new product launches as well as the opening of sales offices (among others in Tokyo, Washington, D.C and Shenzen, China) and the establishment of an own distribution organisation in Italy total assets rose to € 205.3 million (corresponding period previous year: € 163.4 million).
Due to a large number of new products, among them the Leica M Monochrom launched in May 2012, Leica X2 and Leica V-Lux 40 as well as the APO-Summicron-M 1:2 50mm ASPH., the order intake has surpassed the Company’s expectations and has led to a high utilisation of production capacity. This positive development resulted in higher material costs in the first quarter of the fiscal year, whereas delivery of the majority of products will be effected in the second quarter. As a result of the order situation personnel expenses have increased as well. The number of employees has increased to 1,257 as of June 30, 2012 (1,152 as of June 30, 2011).
The Company was already able to record sales increases in the first quarter for the strongly requested M lenses and the new Leica X2. In a highly competitive market the sales of the Sport optics division are 1.3 % above the previous year’s period. This is mainly due to the new Magnus riflescopes.
Regionally Leica Camera AG was able to increase sales by more than 5 % in the USA and Asia as compared to last year’s period, whereas in Europe a slight decline of sales had to be recorded.
During the course of the current fiscal year, particularly after the start of delivery of the products high in demand, the Board of Management expects a sales increase as compared to the previous year as well as positive consequences for the operating result.
Solms, August 17, 2012
The Board of Management
Alfred Schopf, Ruud Peters, Markus Limberger